Ranked as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America on the 2005 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list, Workbrain develops innovative, Web-based workforce management software that optimizes the deployment and management of large, complex workforces for maximum profitability. Workbrain's solutions are recognized as the industry standard by providing instant cost savings and productivity enhancements to Fortune 500 companies, including British Airways, J.B. Hunt, Lowe's, and Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation. Workbrain's continued customer success is due to strong product leadership, passion for excellence, and exceptional ability to execute. To learn more about the company and the solutions, visit www.workbrain.com .
Workbrain is seeking talented Information Architects who will lead the design of best-in-class user interfaces for Workbrain's next-generation of applications. Successful candidates will become key members of a rapidly-expanding product usability team that is focused on deploying innovative products that maximize ease-of-use for a wide range of end-users.
The Information Architect works on various project teams to develop user-centered designs for enterprise web applications. Responsibilities include end-user requirements gathering, information architecture and interaction design, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing. You will work to actively improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Workbrain's applications in collaboration with Workbrain's Product Managers, Developers, end-users and clients.
- Work closely with clients and end-users to understand their tasks, activities, needs and behaviors for the purposes of designing and usability testing new concepts and features.
- Work closely with product managers, developers and other internal stakeholders throughout the product design process, applying user-centered design practices.
- Assist in defining usability and user interface design standards across all Workbrain applications, to optimize ease-of-use and a consistent look and feel.
- Conduct ongoing research of usability and user interface design best practices.
- Be an evangelist for product usability throughout the organization.
- 3 years of experience and/or Bachelor degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Usability, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, or related area (Masters degree preferred)
- Excellent understanding and experience with user-centered design tools and methods, including:
- competitive analysis and heuristic reviews;
- persona creation and scenario analysis;
- site mapping and documenting process flows;
- wireframing and storyboarding; and
- usability testing (ad hoc and formal)
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however we will only be contacting those individuals we wish to interview.