Sage Software has an immediate opening for the newly created role of Usability Analyst in our Richmond, B.C. office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing for Simply Accounting including:
- Identification of user needs and goals.
- Task and workflow modeling.
- Rapid iterative usability testing and more in-depth validation and summative testing.
The ideal candidate will also possess interaction design skills, including the ability to create and document navigation structures and information design. The candidate should have the ability to create detailed screen wireframes to effectively communicate designs to product management, design, and development.
- Usability analyst responsibilities:
- Conduct rapid interactive usability testing of wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Translate research findings into design recommendations to quickly improve product designs early in design cycle.
- Perform validation usability testing to determine whether features and products have met objectives.
- User research responsibilities:
- Prepare research proposals:
- Clarify research goals based on input from Product Management and User-Centered Design teams.
- Develop innovative strategies to answer research questions with limited resources.
*** Design research protocols and prepare research plans.
- Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, lab preparation, and other logistics.
*** Create research materials as necessary.
- Manage projects:
- End to end management of projects from goals and objective setting to scheduling and status reports.
- Perform data analysis:
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative analyses.
- Prepare initial results and share with key stakeholders.
- Synthesize, report, and advocate:
- Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
- Document and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and technologists.
- Strategize with stakeholders on how to act on research finding.
- Interaction design responsibilities:
- Assist product management and feature teams in defining functional interaction requirements specifications.
- Rapidly develop wireframes, interaction designs and process flows.
- Prepare research proposals:
We are seeking an individual who possesses the following skills and experience.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree and/or experience in a related field.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly enthusiastic change manager with research and development experience.
- Project management experience.
About Sage Software
Sage Software offers leading business management software and services that support the needs, challenges and dreams of more than 2.4 million small and mid-sized business customers in North America. Its parent company, The Sage Group plc (London: SGE.L), supports 4.5 million customers worldwide. For more than 25 years, Sage Software has delivered easy-to-use, scalable and customizable software for accounting, customer relationship management, human resources, time tracking and the specialized needs of accounting practices and the construction, distribution, manufacturing, nonprofit and real estate industries. For additional company or product information, please visit our website at www.sagesoftware.com.
We offer competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package. To apply, select Apply Now and submit your resume.
Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.