In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Concepting design of web/interactive projects.
- Creating concept mocks and present user-centric design layouts that are optimized for usability ensuring form follows function.
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining on-line brand standards and requirements
- Designing and develop Macromedia Flash animated segments, websites, or widgets. Must have experience building data driven Flash applications (XML, Text file, Database feeds)
- Establishing CSS definitions for all designs and ensure scalability and optimization
- Must be able to cut designs for the Web, Flash, Applications, and possess deep knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash
- Must be able to hand code HTML/DHTML/CSS for design and understand its limitations in a cross browser/platform environment
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Graduate of an Interactive Design or New Media Design program
- Minimum 4 years experience designing online portals/web properties including successful examples working with and establishing online brands/brand guidelines (Portfolio required, must be key Designer on projects)
- Minimum 2 years experience designing and delivering Macromedia Flash Interactivity. Must possess strong Action Scripting skills and knowledge. (Portfolio required)
- Proven experience and expertise employing Usability, Ergonomic, Navigational, and Colour Theory principles to design for Interactivity (Usability/Ergonomic training or education a plus). Must be able to show examples within portfolio.
- Comprehension of Object Oriented Theory is a plus
- Experience in a Client/Stakeholder service environment for design is a must
- Must comprehend design in terms of the technical specifications and limitations of the web
- Must be open to design critique by Senior designers, and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have a strong understanding of Interactive Agency workflow and production phases
- Extremely detail oriented; concise, and solutions oriented
Ability to create outstanding work while meeting deadlines for multiple, simultaneous projects