Riptown.com Media is looking for intelligent, creative, and energetic individuals to join us as we create a new future in online entertainment. All applicants must have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast moving team environment. Keen to know more? Check our website for further company information.
The Usability Specialist will work as part of the usability team to aid producing usable and functionally superior web based and traditional software applications.
The Usability Specialist works together with the Usability Lead, Art Director, creative and technical team to develop effective campaigns and Web-based projects that meet the goals of the company and the end user. You are self-motivated and proactive, responsible for managing the timely execution of deliverables on multiple online projects and product implementations. Sound like you? Then apply at Riptown. Odds are, you’re gonna love it.
- Work with the Usability Lead to develop user centered design processes
- Aid the Usability Lead in the development and execution of a
long term usability implementation strategy
- Perform and analyze usability studies: usability testing,
competitive analysis, heuristic/expert evaluation, contextual inquiry
- Produce different levels of prototypes to aid the design and
usability testing process: interactive HTML prototypes, paper prototyping, wireframes
- Act in a consultant capacity, providing advice and expert
opinion on usability related issues that evolve throughout the designprocess (across multiple projects)
- Work to gain a high level of subject matter expertise in one or
more of our product channels
- 1-2 years experience executing usability studies
- 3-5 years experience with web user interface design – able to
understand the limitations and potential of the web as an interactive medium
- Experienced in development of software applications
- Solutions oriented approach – ability to recommend solutions to usability issues based on experience and industry best practices
- An understanding of information architecture and information
- Ability to champion the user centered design process and
communicate it’s use and value to senior management
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in a related field or related
- Strong communication skills; enjoys working in a team, building relationships and motivating people
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills – confident and effective presentation style
- Works well independently
- Proven accountability and reliability
To apply, send your cover letter and resume by email to:
[email protected] . Please include Usability Specialist in the subject line of your email response.
No phone calls please. We thank you for your submission but onlycandidates selected for an interview will be contacted.