Duration: 3 months (with option to extend)
Location: Downtown Toronto / Distillery District
This person will work in a small team comprised of the top Software Architects and Developers in the industry. Our client is a VC backed startup who is delivering a service that will be used by millions of subscribers interacting with each other and with the operators of the service.
We’re building a prototype of this system initially and then moving into a Beta phase. This contract is for the prototype phase with the option to extend into the Beta phase.
The primary responsibilities include working with the Development team to develop use cases, define the navigation, storyboards, create wireframes, assist in developing categorization/nomenclature, and hopefully assist in the prototype development. The project is complex and poses many challenges from a IA/UI/UE perspective. We’re looking for someone who’s bright, dynamic, up to the challenge, and interested in being involved in an exciting project from the concept stage.
- Experience in designing interfaces for Web-based systems
- Understanding of tagging, ontology, and classification systems
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Use Case modeling
- Interested in, and experienced with, interactive systems
- Excellent understanding of human interaction in online environments
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a small team and being hands on
- Formal post-secondary education with a focus in usability/HCI
- 4+ years of experience in a Usability/User Experience role
- 3+ years of developing UI specifications using wireframes
- 3+ years of experience authoring use cases
- Information architecture experience
To apply please send your resume to [email protected]