The Usability & Accessibility Lead will be responsible for leading and growing Devlin's usability and accessibility practice, planning and executing user testing, and ensuring that all projects delivered to clients meet the highest user standards.
The Usability lead will work closely with designers, programmers and content specialists to develop user-centred design strategies and intuitive navigation. He/she will identify and prioritize potential usability issues, and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Responsible for spearheading the usability effort at Devlin and for promoting Devlin's usability capabilities externally
- Act as expert resource to the design and technical team
- Provide the creative team with heuristic evaluations on proposed designs as well as wireframe development
- Plan and conduct formal usability testing and card sorting exercises, presenting findings and recommendations to clients as required
- dentify opportunities for and represent Devlin at conferences that will assist Devlin in growing a world class usability/accessibility and information architecture practice
- Manage the growth of in-house usability facilities
- Mentor junior team-members to develop usability-related skills
Required Skills and Training
- Degree or equivalent training in human factors, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in user-centred design techniques, such as developing user profiles, analyzing user tasks and planning, conducting and summarizing formal usability tests
- Must have a solid understanding of the web and web technologies
- Expertise in task analysis, modeling, contextual inquiry, usability inspection methods and testing
- Knowledge of current practices for designing and programming W3C compliant web projects
- Expertise in current browser/plug-in technology and use statistics
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of end-to-end project cycle
- Navigation and information architecture expertise
- Understanding of rich media technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills
- Comfort with software such as Visio, In-Design, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat
Please send an email to: [email protected] indicating your career interest in the subject line. We thank all applicants; only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please.