BMC Software is one of the ten largest software companies in the world, with revenues exceeding $1.4B in fiscal 2004. BMC has been a leading provider of infrastructure and business service management solutions since 1980. We are the market leader in Consolidated Service Desk and IT Service Management solutions, with more than 10,000 customers and 10 million users world wide, with development sites in California, Dallas, Toronto, and India.
We are looking for a full time UI Designer to join our team knit from the disciplines of usability, psychology, interaction design, graphic design, information design, and computer science. You must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects are necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain familiarity.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position
- Creating the information flow and visual design of our web and Windows software applications
- Creating storyboards, as well as paper prototypes and any necessary art
- Integrating changes based on usability test results and user feedback
- Working closely with our engineers to implement the designs
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required
We seek creative, motivated and articulate people who have shown an ability to question boundaries, weave stories out of information, and create order out of chaos.
Ideal candidates have:
- Proven success doing UI design work with a user-centered design philosophy
- A command of a broad range of HCI and design concepts
- Experience with information architecture
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- The ability to effectively work with remote teams
- Experience with prototyping tools and Web-based applications
- Experience with human factors research a plus – primarily skills in interviewing and observation
- A history of innovation and leadership
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in UI Design, HCI, or a related field
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Approx 20% travel
Location of Position
- Toronto, Canada
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, send your resume directly to the manager