This company is looking for experience with web-based applications i.e. not web sites but actual applications that are web-based. They are very focused on usability at the moment and therefore looking for someone with experience in that area. This knowledge is actually more important than the technical or artistic skills. The skill set has been referred to as Interaction Architect or specialist, usability designer etc.
You will architect, design and develop the user experience for a variety of exciting web based applications. You have the ability to visualize and design simple but compelling user experiences and code HTML/CSS by hand with an appreciation of Web Standards.
- Rapid prototyping using Flash and HTML.
- Develop comprehensive sitemaps and page specifications from customer briefs that articulate logical user flow.
- Design web interfaces from sitemaps that demonstrate an understanding of customer requirements using techniques based on usability theory and concepts related to creating visual flow.
- Design web graphics using Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator or Freehand.
- Optimization of graphics, HTML and CSS.
- Validate code, predict problems and debug scripts.
- Work within project schedules and deadlines.
- A related Bachelors’ degree, New Media Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years experience producing commercial websites, preferably more.
- Full experience dealing with browser compatibility issues.
- Working experience with multiple graphic file formats, such as .gif, .eps, .psd, .jpg.
- Design and code templating for rapid site re-branding using CSS2.
- Experience with unit-testing, version control and issue tracking software.
- Proficiency with relevant design software particularly Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines.