This position is closed.
Gorrie Marketing is looking for an Application Architect for a ONE YEAR CONTRACT who can contribute to our team and potentially act as senior technical leads on projects. The main responsibilities of these roles involve the creation of full-scale database applications, application code and interface design for both desktop applications and web-based applications.
Successful candidates will have strong analytical skills, experience in software design and implementation as well as have excellent communication skills.
The senior technical lead will play a key role in product and solution development by working with internal stakeholders to define and deliver application architecture and features. In addition to desktop and Internet software design and development, the candidate will be responsible for team leadership, working with project management to determine timelines and resource assignments.
- Work closely with product stakeholder to develop features and application workflows.
- Software Design including n-tier web application architecture.
- End to end delivery of a web application product.
- Database design and development of SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Ensuring production schedules are met.
- Product versioning.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working with the Microsoft .Net Framework in a web based software development role.
- Hand on experience with relational databases and specifically SQL Server 2000.
- Strong Experience with SQL required, T-SQL preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent documentation/grammar skills.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- A working knowledge of the software lifecycle.
- Experience with deployment of web based applications.
- Interest in marketing.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience or knowledge of software development methodologies such as the Rational Unified Process or other of equivalent status.
- Experience with or knowledge of service oriented architecture.
- Experience with or knowledge of load and performance testing.
- Given the varied nature of our customers systems and platforms, experience with additional databases and programming languages will be viewed as a strong asset. Additional databases include Oracle, DB2, MySQL. Additional programming languages include JAVA (J2EE), PHP and older COM+ knowledge.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview. Thank you in advance for your interest in Gorrie Marketing. www.gorrie.com
Please forward all resumes to Sari Friedman, Vice President People and Values Gorrie Marketing: [email protected]