Do you like to build fun and useful web/kiosk applications?
Do you have a passion for clean, efficient coding and some design flare?
AI-Media is currently looking to add a User Interface Developer to its team of designers and developers. This person will become an integral part in our growing company that has positioned itself as the leader in its space. Our company develops web and kiosk applications for the beauty and cosmetics industry. Our flagship product has been used by over 10 million users.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Translating design schematics/wireframes/storyboards into high quality/high performance functional user interfaces which meet project objectives.
- Creating effective simulations and representations of design concepts that can be used as tools for demonstration, learning, and evaluation purposes.
- Collaborating with teammates to determine scope, required activities, level of effort, and project work schedule.
- Conducting research and development into using the latest Flash capabilities to add additional functionality to our virtual makeover engine.
- Participating in the software development process from design to release and ensuring that best-practices are followed.
- Advocating for user-centered approach on all projects. Participates in knowledge sharing and identify tools, templates, and techniques to help evolve the company’s existing design processes.
- Great attitude and ability to take positive criticism
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Give creative direction and produce original designs
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Proven aptitude for quick creative and technical thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- 3+ years of designing, developing, and unit testing of Flash based Internet/kiosk applications
- Expert level object oriented ActionScript 1.0 and 2.0 programming using MVC design pattern
- Experience with Flash Remoting and setting up Flash code to be shared among different projects
- Experience with wireframe design and usability tests
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver expertise
- Web technology knowledge and expertise (i.e. XML, HTML, DHTML, ASP, PHP, etc.) a plus
- Extremely detail oriented, pixel-perfect design
- Strong sense of process and the ability to innovate on process tools and conventions
- Experience working with backend developers
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle
About the Company
Based in Toronto, Canada, we are a technology-focused, application solutions provider. Our experienced team combines a practical understanding of our clients’ needs with innovative technology and design to create effective marketing solutions. Our clients include some of the largest companies in the women’s beauty industry.
Located in downtown Toronto, our open concept office space combined with full employee benefits, flex hours, and ample vacation are all part of our work hard/play hard atmosphere.
We’re not looking for a generic employee, so please spare us the generic form cover letter. Take a look at our requirements, take a look at our website, if you think there could be a fit then let us know why you think you’d be amazing for THIS job specific (not the other 100 jobs you’ve looked at today). Applications must include an on-line portfolio.
Please use the ‘Apply’ feature to submit your resume through the Workopolis system.
www.ai-media.com (we’ve been pretty busy, so it’s a little out of date, but check it out anyways!) No phone calls please.