This is a unionized position
Posted:November 10, 2005
Vacancy Type:Vacancy Notice
Hours of Work:36.25 hours per week
Qualified OPSEU employees will be considered before members of other employee groups.
Oversees and leads the Ryerson University online design strategies to maximize the effectiveness of the overall university web site to its stakeholders. Formulates, develops and creates the design standards, technology applications, policies and overall design direction of the Ryerson University web site.
Analyses, evaluates and determines overall web site hierarchy, site architecture, and online usability standards that should be followed by Ryerson, in direct consultation with line manager and senior management team. The incumbent will lead the Interface Design process, including all aspects of usability testing. Mentors, coaches and provides training for university-wide stakeholders on web technologies and applications. Assigns work of team members, tracks their performance and provides feedback when necessary, to ensure projects are delivered according to design specifications and policies in order to maintain online design consistency throughout the university web site.
Conducts presentations to senior management, including the President’s Office, online design applications and innovative technologies that should be adopted university-wide.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program plus five (5) years of experience working with complex/interactive web projects in a fast-paced environment; five years hands-on experience managing the online design applications and standards for a large-scale organization; must have previous experience developing, managing and leading the information architecture, usability testing and online design strategy. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing a system for Quality Assurance and Design standards.
- Strong knowledge in managing previous Content Management Systems, including development of high-level conceptual and design frameworks to be adopted university-wide.
- Excellent verbal written communication skills are essential in order to communicate at the conceptual and tactical levels to senior management and all university employees at varying levels.
- Excellent presentation skills are required to provide instructional training and making design/technology recommendations to senior management.
- Superb public speaking and presentation skills are needed to lead, mentor, coach and train a diverse team of content developers and site contributors.
- Strong time management skills, and flexibility are required to effectively prioritize and ensure completion of assigned work, to change priorities as the need arises, and to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, and collaboratively within a team environment.