This is a unionized position
Use your expertise to manage the end-to-end cycle of complex web development projects. Along with a relevant degree, you have a minimum of 1 year of project management training. Your 5+ years of related experience involve at least 3 years in managing web projects in a large, complex organization. You have planned, developed and supported all stages of the project life cycle, including initial discovery, scope definition, project plans/charters development, risk assessments, communications plans and project post-mortems. An understanding of web design and development processes and tools is essential, as is an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of web interface design, usability and accessibility.
Ryerson University has an employment equity program and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
Manages the end-to-end cycle of complex web development projects. Responsible for ensuring end-user goals, clients’ business objectives and Ryerson University online strategies and objectives are met. Lead the negotiation and communication of issues that could be politically sensitive with a variety of university stakeholders to establish standard, centralized practices across a decentralized institution.
- The incumbent must have a relevant university degree, including specific training and experience in project managing web projects from development to launch; Expertise and at least one year of Project Management training (PMI) is a mandatory requirement for this position . A minimum of 5 years’ related experience, with at least 3 years’ experience managing IT projects in a large, complex organization. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
An understanding of web design and development processes required, including strong knowledge of HTML, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software (such as Microsoft Project).
- Strong knowledge of industry design-standard design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver/Macromedia Contribute. Previous experience with an enterprise-wide Content Management Systems is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of web interface design, usability and accessibility; up-to-date on-line technological developments and methodologies.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills are required to interact effectively with a variety of university stakeholders, including faculty members, senior administrators and mangers relative to establishing standard, centralized practices across a decentralized institution.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, development and support of all stages involved in the project life cycle, including initial discover and scope definition, development of project plans/charters, risk assessments and communications plans and project post-mortems.
- Previous experience needed in assigning and overseeing the work of project team members to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong time management skills and flexibility are required to effectively prioritize and ensure completion of assigned work, to change priorities as the needs arises and to work efficiently with minimal supervision.