Halogen Software Inc. is a leading provider of employee performance management (EPM) solutions. Founded in 2001 as a subsidiary of a successful consulting company, Halogen offers powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable Web-based software that dramatically improves HR and line-manager productivity. The company’s flagship product, Halogen eAppraisalÃ¢â€žÂ¢, automates and simplifies time-consuming employee appraisals. Halogen eAppraisalÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Healthcare, created specifically for the healthcare industry, helps to simplify the task of performing appraisals and meeting accreditation criteria. Halogen e360Ã¢â€žÂ¢ automates and simplifies formal 360-degree feedback procedures and offers sophisticated performance reporting. Their newest offering, Halogen eCompensationÃ¢â€žÂ¢ automates the entire compensation adjustment process including budget distribution and approval.
Halogen Software is seeking a talented Usability/User Interface Designer/Specialist who will deliver the most simplistic, intuitive and powerful user experience to our customers. The successful candidate will become a key member of the product development team that is focused on deploying innovative products that maximize ease-of-use for a wide range of end-users.
The UI Designer, together with various project teams, builds prototype user interface designs for usability implementation by the Java developers. You will be involved with the usability of our products throughout its entire development life cycle, in collaboration with Halogen SoftwareÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Product Development Manager, and our software developers.
Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for Halogen Software products to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel;
- Continuously update these standards to ensure new requirements and technology advancements are covered;
- Work with the software developers to ensure compliance with interface design standards and that the user interface has been developed to specification;
- Provide interface design expertise and review from concept development through delivery;
- Contribute as a full member of cross-functional teams, helping to create innovative user experiences for existing and new product offering;
- Promote, practice and implement user-centered design principles and methodologies;
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Implementation Specialists, clients and technical architects to rapidly design static screen prototypes for review and usability testing in the design phase of the project lifecycle;
- Maintain and update clickable product mockups used by Sales and Marketing;
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in web design / development, with specific expertise with web-based applications;
- Demonstrated experience with W3C & Section 508 (i.e. accessibility) standards a strong asset;
- Demonstrated grasp of UI development and design tools;
- Strong Graphical Design skills and web graphics production capability;
- Extensive knowledge of web design fundamentals, including user-centered design process, information design, visual design, and industry UI standards;
- Experience with usability testing;
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution;
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team;
- Self-motivated, self-managed with strong communication skills (both oral and written) including effective presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints;
- BS degree or equivalent experience in human-computer interaction, human factors, interaction design, web design or a related field;
- Candidates must provide a portfolio demonstrating experience in designing usable web interfaces. This must be an online or electronic portfolio. The portfolio should include artifacts from the design process, including examples of application architecture diagrams, wireframes and UI specifications.
Include examples that explain your user centered design process, what design goals were to be achieved, the obstacles in your way and the rationale process that resulted in the final design.
Applications must be received by November 30, 2005. Late entries will not be considered.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their resumes to: [email protected]
This is a local hire position, no relocation or travel assistance will be offered.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those considered for interview will be contacted, no telephone calls please.