Originally from http://organic.com/about/position_detail.jsp?448
Reports To: Manager, Design
A designer at Organic is on the pulse of current trends with the wisdom and imagination to know the how to apply design to maximize the result. The ideal candidate takes a dynamic part in creation of web advertising from a conceptual standpoint, collaborating with the Art Director and peers of different disciplines within the agency and direct creative to orchestrate a highly creative and effective result.
Skills / Qualifications
- At least two years as a graphic designer in one of the following areas; Multimedia, agency creative, graphic design.
- At least one year of experience in Web design.
- A basic comprehension of information design. A general understanding of HTML, capabilities of browsers and design constraints on the Web.
- A demonstrably strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of Web.
- An understanding of typography in both print and computer mediums.
- Interest in one or more developing design tools, including video, digital/cell animation, or VRML.
- Successful experiences working within a team.
- Degree or training in graphic design or advertising.
- Understanding of time management and the correct use of resources in a creative department.
- Creating visual design, including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design for the Web.
- Accepting the challenge of exploring and gaining expertise in the growing list of design tools for the Web environment.
- Enabling effective communication by listening and visualizing.
- Coordinating with site architect, production developer and writer to make sure visual design communicates and functions successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
- Directing production artists.
- Optimizing visual design and concept in the Web environment.
- Visually integrating and enhancing the architecture, UI and navigation outlined by site architect, within technical specifications from senior content engineers.
- Coordinating with all groups, especially Creative Management Services, to direct how final art is visually implemented.
- Understanding basic concept of complete site and conveying it to client when site architect is not available.
- Adhering to agreed-upon delivery schedule coordinated with producers.
- Ensuring producer is notified of any changes in schedule.
- Communicating with site architects, producers, writers, and senior content engineers in all stages of design.
- Obtaining sign-off indicating site has been correctly implemented by PA’s to reflect final approved visual design.