Originallly from http://organic.com/about/position_detail.jsp?390
Organic creates exceptional online experiences for Fortune 1000 clients by delivering comprehensive web development and interactive marketing programs that drive more profitable customer relationships. Established in 1993, Organic specializes in clients with high involvement products and services such as The Chrysler Group, Sprint PCS, Washington Mutual, Tommy Hilfiger, and CIBC. Organic has offices located in San Francisco, Detroit, Toronto, and New York and is a subsidiary of Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), a Fortune 500 global marketing and communications company. For more information, please visit www.organic.com .
OrganicÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Interface Engineers (IEs) construct the interfaces, templates, widgets, and content-related components of a web application. IEs work closely with designers and writers to translate concepts into websites, but an IE deals with all aspects of implementing an exceptional user experience, from layout to animation to scripting to hosting to designing. Organic IEs must be experts in multi-disciplinary problem solving and care deeply about efficiency, quality, and most of all, innovation.
- Creating responsive, real-time, engaging interfaces using the tools of the moment
- Designing and developing templating systems
- Building internal scripts and tools to automate daily drudgery
- Documenting solutions, specifically, identifying and explaining algorithms, functions, and parameters. Identifying and documenting assumptions, test criteria, and writing self-testing code.
- Assisting Engineering Leads in the development of the functional specification of client projects.
- Collaborating with the creative staff on interface implementation details and rich media interfaces.
- Unit testing
- Participating in code reviews.
- Highly developed ability to focus
- …while successfully multi-tasking when necessary
- Strong written communication skills.
- Comfortable participating in multiple projects in parallel.
- Empathy and experience with all aspects of the web site lifecycle, from concept to design to execution to debugging to hosting to metrics.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a high-pressure, client-services driven environment.
- BachelorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree or equivalent work experience.
- years experience developing online media (video, animation, design, writing, etc.)
- 1 year of server-side programming (eg. .NET, Axekit, PHP, modperl, J2EE, JSP, ASP)
- 1 year’s experience with a modern version of Flash, ideally AS 2.0
- Familiarity with Mac and Windows preferred, including some command line experience. Unix experience is a major plus.
- Working knowledge of either Perl or Python required
- Open-source or XP development experience a plus
- Functional programming experience (eg. Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, Ocaml, XSL) a plus.
- Experience with an enterprise content management tool, e.g. Interwoven, Bricolage, ATG Dynamic, Microsoft CMS, IBM, etc.
- Experience developing some form of document templating or styling system
- Familiarity with version control and defect-tracking tools & practices
To apply please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]