Originally from Workopolis also see the first post from Sept 05
Tucows is a wholesale Internet services provider offering domains, blogware, managed DNS, email and digital certificates to thousands of ISPs and web hosting companies around the world.
At Tucows, we have given serious thought to who we are as a company, what our goals are and how we are going to get there. We have made a commitment to the principles that guide our everyday decisions. We work as a team. Our success is the sum of all our efforts. We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. We enhance Tucows’ reputation by delivering the highest quality standards in every aspect of our business. We know it is our people that make this happen. We have great people, with different skills and work experiences.
To find out if Tucows is the right place for you, visit our website at www.tucows.com or send your resume to [email protected] .
(6 Month Contract)
The Usability Specialist will work under the direction of the Senior Usability Specialist as part of a cross-functional team, developing wireframes for user interfaces and websites. Other team members will often include: product management, content, development, operations, marketing and customer support. The successful candidate will work on a project-by-project bases to develop wireframes for websites and interfaces based upn on the defined user experience requirements.
As part of any project the Usability Specialist will be expected to:
- Create wireframes.
- Maximize effectiveness of site/interface including: content organization, navigation, interaction and visual design to increase customer satisfaction and drive measurable revenue.
- Ensure consistency of visual design elements with the Tucows’ brand and logo and the visual identity within individual pages and across the entire web site/interface and amongst sites and interfaces.
- Ensure the navigation and design facilitates Search Engine Optimization initiatives.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Selected candidate will have proven experience in applying user-centered design and usability methods to user interface design; producing detailed wireframes and writing functional specification documents;
- performing heuristic evaluations and task analyses; a high level understanding of general computer science concepts such as operating systems and networking;
- as well as an ability to think on-the-fly and innovatively use usability methods to handle situations that occur outside the normal course of design;
- and able to work as a member of a cross functional team.
Interested applicants should email a Word-formatted resume, referencing USABILITY SPECIALIST in the email subject line, to [email protected] .
Contact E-mail: [email protected]