St Joseph Media is seeking an experienced Information Architect/Web Designer for the re-design and development of its existing consumer publishing sites. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing the online user experience and user interface and will possess similar experience working with world class websites in one or more of the following publishing categories: Weddings, Fashion, Gardening, Shelter, or Local Information Guides.
They will work very closely with creative design teams and software developers to come up with the business requirements and product specifications.
- Ownership over site navigation and global information design of consumer web sites that include editorial areas, commerce, community, advertising, and highly interactive online tools
- Analyze, design, and specify the interface architecture for an effective user experience
- Perform user and task analysis; define use cases and information architecture
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Develop use cases, navigational structures, site maps, wireframes, style guides, user flows, functional templates, prototypes, and functional specifications
- Conduct iterative usability testing and analysis
- Document user interface and user experience requirements for design and engineering
- Provide insightful feedback and use your experience to improve the quality of the product and reduce the complexity of the user interface
- 3+ yearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ working as a UI/Human Computer Interaction design resource in a Consumer-focused web development environment required
- Graphic design experience/skills a plus
- Hands-on experience with usability testing and interpretation of results
- Interest in making the entire product better, not just the UI
- Able to understand business requirements and translate into usable UI to the customer
- Experience designing web applications
- Experience with Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, Word and Excel
- Experience working closely with creative design and engineering teams
- Excellent written, verbal and diagrammatic communication skills
- Experience planning and conducting research, analysis and implementation of research findings;
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume or inquiries to [email protected]
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.