Originally from Critical Mass Your Career
Critical Mass is currently seeking outstanding individuals eager to join our team of talented web professionals. We are excited to announce the following position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Critical Mass; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Senior Analyst will be an integral part of the Research and Analytics Team. This position will focus on industry, competitive and end user research in the Financial Services sector. In terms of end user research, the role will require skills in multiple primary research methodologies, potentially including in-depth interviewing, focus groups, and usability testing. Theoretical and practical knowledge of these primary research methodologies is critical to the success of the candidate.
Knowledge and experience with log/tag web analytics to provide data-driven insights is a secondary function of the Senior Analyst. Experience with various web analytic software such as Coremetrics, Omniture, WebTrends, etc would be a valuable asset.
- Develop studies and implement market research services in the following areas:
- complete competitive analyses
- industry updates
- consumer insight
- Assist in the design and facilitation of usability testing, as well as study and share usability best practices with team and company
- Provide thought leadership in site measurement, research and usability; and establish approaches that improve our clients’ economics and customer management capabilities.
- Provide knowledge and services in web analytics, customer insights and segmentation, and measurement tools and approaches
- Develop measurement methodologies and models for analysis to derive key insights for website strategy development and improvement
- Extend client relationships by helping clients define their needs and potential solutions and convincing them of the value of R&A research and measurement services to their business
- Integrating R&A services and activities into a broader continuous improvement process internally
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related subjects preferred.
- Any coursework in primary and secondary research techniques is a requirement
- Any coursework in analytical subjects such as statistical analysis, behavioral analysis, eBusiness or marketing sciences would be a plus.
- 5+ years of related experience in the following areas:
- Usability research
- Ethnographic Research
- Financial Services industry experience
- Metric analysis
- Online and offline experience with diverse measurement & analytic tools, approaches and processes, including measurement strategy development
- Strong experience in database analysis and customer data management from business and marketing perspectives
Have ability in the marketing research and sciences areas, to establish and analyze complex research studies
- Experience in proposal development and client presentations and the ability to communicate complex subject matter, either verbally or in written form
- Knowledge of database query development (i.e. SQL)
- Agency/consulting and Internet-related business experiences desired
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented
- Detail and results oriented
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Commitment to learning