Originally from Sapient Canada Careers
Sapient is a leading business consulting and technology services firm that plans, designs, implements, and manages information technology to improve business performance for Global 2000 clients. Sapient was founded in 1991 based on a single promise: to deliver the right business results, on time and on budget. Sapient’s fixed-price/fixed-time model, combined with industry, design, technology, and process expertise, provides clients with the highest business value at the lowest total cost of ownership. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Sapient has offices in Canada, Germany, India, the United Kingdom, and the United States. More information about Sapient can be found at www.sapient.com
h3. Senior Associate, Creative Design (User Interface Developer)
The primary function of this position is to apply leading edge interface development skills to create user-centered solutions for our clients. The Senior Associate, Creative Design will work in a fast-paced, team-based environment to develop client solutions and in the process will gain an understanding of other Sapient domains, and how the user-centered approach can deliver value to SapientÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s clients.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ability to program interfaces, and manage others programming interfaces, which effectively translate design schematics/wireframes/storyboards into high quality/high performance functional solutions that meet project objectives.
- Create and facilitate effective simulations and representations of experience design concepts that can be used as tools for demonstration, learning, and evaluation purposes.
- Utilizes and/or integrates with Content Management Systems and other content delivery systems (e.g., web servers, application servers).
- Collaborates with teammates to determine scope, required activities level of effort and project work schedule.
- Represents the user-centered approach on projects and in sales pursuits. Participates in relevant Domain and Business Unit meetings. Participates in knowledge sharing and creation of case studies. Identifies tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches.
h4. Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, (BA or BFA) in graphic design, interface, information, interaction design, design planning, literature, communications, or human centered design preferred.
- Additionally, relevant work experience in one or two of the above areas may substitute for advanced degree.
- Guidelines include:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of related work experience;
- Expertise in one or all of the area of site development, content design, information design or visual design preferred;
- Project experience in working on teams;
- Experience in working on multiple projects;
- Able to collaborate visually and facilitate the visual representation of concepts.
- Additionally, frequent travel is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Visualization skills or the ability to leverage design resources to visually articulate models;
- Strong sense of process and the ability to innovate on process tools and conventions;
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in project management and staff development;
- Experience in client management and business development;
- Administrated commitment to mentor and share knowledge across teams and company-wide.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.