Originally from BlastRadius Careers
Creative Directors are beacons of creative energy with the mission of inspiring creative ideas in others. They guide the creative direction of client projects and contribute to the development of compelling user experiences for projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Lead the development of creative concepts that speak to the client’s and end user’s goals by facilitating brainstorming sessions and working closely with clients and creative teams.
Extract creative thoughts and ideas from internal and client teams.
- Lead focus groups.
- Deliver creative briefs according to project schedules that communicate creative concepts clearly and reflect the value proposition of sites and concepts.
- Participate in client meetings and pitch creative concepts to clients on behalf of the design team.
- Provide constructive feedback to designers and team members in a sensitive and motivating way.
- Ensure creative concepts delivered to clients are in line with client’s expectations and the target audience.
- Mentor designers and junior team members.
- Drive the constant evolution of Blast Radius’ design techniques.
- Research and utilize innovative design and creative concepts.
- Contribute new sources of creative inspiration to the design team on the whole.
- Contribute to the branding of Blast Radius and related internal projects as needed.
- Act as company advocate and embody the Blast Radius values: people, passion, creativity, fun and excellence.
- Diffuse problems and put forward solutions that are in the best interest of the company and employees.
- Participate in ongoing special projects in support of Blast Radius’ environment and strategic plans.
- Participate in Blast Radius internal events such as social events, workshops etc.
- Other special projects as required.
- Such duties that may be reasonably required by the company.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE /
- At least five years experience as a Creative Director working with print and/or digital media working with global brands and/or at least two years experience as a Creative Director in the web industry
- Experience leading creative teams with a demonstrated understanding of how to provide constructive feedback while continuing to inspire creative thought
- Extensive experience working with clients including pitching and selling concepts as well as managing client expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of information and interaction design including site architecture, user interfaces and navigation schemes
- Experience combining business and creative goals when creating a unique design solution
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Is accountable for their actions
- Demonstrates caring for others and honesty
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure
- Sense of humor