Originally from BlastRadius Careers
You will work on websites that inspire users and create compelling digital experiences. You will develop visual feasts for a wide variety of web development projects and work as part of a creative team.
- Effectively interpret a client’s needs as outlined in creative briefs and translate them into compelling visual designs.
- Contribute to the design of web interfaces using techniques based on usability theory and concepts related to creating visual flow.
- Design web graphics using Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator or Freehand and demonstrate an understanding of client side web tools such as shockwave and DHTML.
- Combine design theory and take into consideration content, navigational structure and usability issues to create a powerful and integrated experience.
- Assist clients with the formulation of their web strategies.
- Design interfaces that demonstrate an understanding of a client’s needs.
- Work with clients or other designers to explain design concepts and manage design feedback.
- Apply your deep understanding of typography, illustration, storyboarding and iconography when working on web projects.
- Work within project schedules and within deadlines.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to ensure your designs are consistent with client expectations and overall project goals.
- Take an active lead on projects as they are passed to junior designers to ensure designs maintain a cohesive look and feel.
- Provide feedback and constructive criticism to other designers to assist in skills development.
- Act as company advocate and embody the Blast Radius values: people, passion, creativity, fun and excellence.
- Diffuse problems and put forward solutions that are in the best interest of the company and employees.
- Participate in ongoing special projects in support of Blast Radius’ environment and strategic plans.
- Participate in Blast Radius internal events such as social events, workshops etc.
- Other special projects as required.
- Such duties as may be agreed upon between the Company and the Employee.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE /
- A mind-blowing portfolio of your design work that demonstrates creative flair, preferably working with global brands
- A related New Media Diploma from an established school and/or equivalent experience
You are adept at relevant design software particularly Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience applying theories related to color schemes, use of space, text placement, usability and visual flow
- Understanding of HTML and Flash
- Understands and is able to create content specification and design guidelines
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team and will be driven to enhance your creative and technical skills
- An understanding of the marriage between design freedom and business requirements
- Loves to learn
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Is accountable for their actions
- Demonstrates caring for others and honesty
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure
- Sense of humor