Originally posted on Workopolis
Founded in 1989, Algorithmics is a recognized leader in enterprise risk management. Following its acquisition by the Fitch Group in January 2005, Algorithmics is the world’s leading provider of enterprise risk management solutions and services that enable financial institutions to effectively understand and manage their financial risk. Algorithmics has over 200 clients, including more than 60 of the 100 largest financial institutions in the world.
Algorithmics is seeking a talented User Interface Designer / Web Developer who will prototype user interface design concepts for Algorithmics next-generation of applications. Successful candidates will become a key member of an expanding product design/usability team that is focused on creating innovative products that maximize ease-of-use for a wide range of end-users.
The UI Web Designer / Developer works on various project teams to build prototype user interface designs for usability testing, client review and sales demonstrations, as well as serve as a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies for web- and standards-based user interface development. You will work to actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Algorithmics’ applications that exceed client expectations.
- Work closely with usability team members and other internal stakeholders to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned Algorithmics applications and features.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for Algorithmics applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
- 3 years of experience in web design / development, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- Understanding of core web standards and technologies including browser capabilities and limitations
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility
- Strong web graphics production capability (Photoshop skills a plus)
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Must be organized with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints