Web Interface Design Competition (Potential for Full-time)
jack digital productions, inc., (jdp) a multimedia development company located in downtown Toronto, has an opportunity available for a Web Interface Designer.
As part of a large-scale, multi-year initiative, jdp is opening an idea competition for the graphic design of an information portal.
Selected applicants will receive an outline of the project’s scope, direction, target audience and objectives, as well as relevant content samples. The applicants will mock-up a series of designed templates for submission to jdp. Designers will then meet with jdp to discuss and explain their design submission.
Each selected applicant will receive $500 for their accepted submission. An additional $250 will be available to the entry judged strongest by jack digital.
The ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- You can design an elegant interface which responds to a sizable number of challenging requirements.
- You are able to bring a sense of order to complex information layouts (information architecture).
- Your designs are visually engaging as well as usable and intuitive. Users fairly new to computers and the Internet will be able to understand your interfaces.
- The interfaces you produce demonstrate an understanding of what is possible within a modern web browser, while not completely ignoring users with older technology. You realize that not everybody uses the same browser at the same resolution at the same font size.
- You are comfortable with complex information architectures, and ideally have experience designing sites which have multiple levels of content with hundreds (or thousands) of pages. You can find intuitive ways for users to find their way around a site quickly and easily.
- You understand the importance of type and typography.
- In designing an HTML template, you consider the major browsers (not just IE) and know your way around their bugs and quirks.
- You can suggest design changes which make implementing a design easier.
The successful candidate will be considered a front-runner to fill the employment opportunity for the execution phase of this project.
Interested parties should submit a resume and links to work samples that demonstrate your experience and capabilities. Outline your roles, responsibilities and challenges with respect to the links provided as part of your application.
Applications can be sent to:
Resumes and portfolios must be received by Oct. 31, 2005.
Selected applicants will be contacted for further involvement. No phone calls, please.