Originally from http://jobsearch.monster.ca/getjob.asp?JobID=35755421
Network Solutions is the first and world’s leading registrar of domain names and Web-related services. Network Solutions provides a variety of Internet services, including domain name registration, e-mail services, Web-site hosting and creation tools, and other value-added services for its more than 4 million customers. Go to www.networksolutions.com to find out more about our company or check out employment opportunities.
The successful applicant will design and develop new web pages and user interfaces, and enhance various UI applications; design several “skins” or layouts using fully CSS-based template solutions and create new graphics for our interfaces; and become familiar with 3rd party applications offered as part of our Hosting platform, and will customize their look and feel.
Create and model web user interface prototypes based on collected user requirements and development objectives. Job duties will include requirements assessment, determination of level of effort, some software design and software development, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, trouble ticket support during the Quality Assurance period and production, and Software Deployment support.
The applicant will be energetic and motivated to complete the work in timely manner. Oral and written communication skills are essential. The successful applicant will benefit from working in a fast-paced environment and will be introduced to cutting-edge technology. All work is to be performed on-site.
As a web designer, the individual is expected to learn our current systems in preparation for supporting and expanding them. The successful applicant has:
- Minimum of 3 years of web design experience
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Go-Live, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash
- Formal education in design required, Computer Science degree an asset.
- Excellent ability of applying usability principles and best practices design to enhance end user experience of web interface.
- Excellent working knowledge of CSS, PHP, HTML, XSLT and template based content management systems
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, software development life cycle
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Highly familiar with creating and parsing XML structures
- Should be capable of working under tight deadlines and possess excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Above average understanding of Internet technologies such as HTTP, FTP, Email, PHP, ASP.NET, Coldfusion, etc .
Email: [email protected]