THE CANADIAN DEPOSITORY FOR SECURITIES LTD.
WEB DESIGN SPECIALIST
Location: Toronto, ON
Company URL: http://www.cds.ca
Year(s) of Experience: 3
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2005 – Originally posted on Workopolis at http://workopolis.com/job/work/6706715
The Office Systems Web Design Specialist will work as part of a team of IT professionals primarily to analyze, design, develop and maintain new and existing web sites in CDS. The role must conform to all policies and procedures pertaining to industry best practices for website maintenance and design. The Web Design Specialist will be responsible for all-ongoing development and maintenance of CDS’s presence on both the Internet and Intranet, particularly the design and development of the presentation interface and the best-practices integration (from a usability perspective) of any/all new content.
- Participates in evaluating business requirements, structural changes, and enhancements for various CDS web projects
- Responsible for information architecture and user interface design of sites, including navigation rules, organization of information, site maps and planning, as it relates to target audience’s physical experience on the Intranet and Web
- Develops HTML and JSP pages, themes, and style sheets for websites in collaboration with stakeholder groups
- Ensures that portal/web development occurs in a timely and reliable manner, and while ensuring a pleasurable/positive end-user experience
- Manages stakeholder expectations for quality and timeliness
The Office Systems Web Design Specialist is one of five positions (the Office Systems team) reporting directly to the Manager of Office Systems. The role requires frequent collaboration with other departments at CDS (Corporate Communications, Product, Human Resources, Design & Publishing, and Information Design & Documentation) as well as participation in corporate portal governance as a technical consultant.
Relevant Community College degree/diploma in web/graphics design/development or equivalent experience
- Knowledgeable in best-practices site architecture, user-interface specification, functionality specification, and interactive design
- An online portfolio review is required.
- Sound knowledge and use of Domino r6.x design elements (forms, views, Lotus Script agents, and Java agents) is preferred
3-5 years experience in a creative, new media, web-development environment, including at least three years as a Web Designer/Web Developer in a small, but complex environment
- Sound creative and conceptual vision for online execution, and the ability to deliver high quality interactive pieces against strategic business objectives
- Possession of, or proven ability to develop, the necessary technical skills to perform proficiently all aspects of Web Site Design/Development work
- Familiarity with Domino design elements
- Artistic creativity, balanced with strong sense of analytical technical do-ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications/presentation skills, especially of artistic visions and layouts
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in CDS Ltd. and in the position. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Regretfully, we will accept neither candidate submissions nor solicitations from placement agencies for this position. Thank you.