Originally posted September 6, 2005 at OK-Cancel
Salary range Commensurate with experience
The Usability Analyst will work under the direction of the Usability Specialist as part of a cross functional team, developing wireframes for user interfaces and websites. Other team members will often include: product management, content, development, operations, marketing and customer support.
The Usability Analyst will mostly work on a project-by-project bases to develop wireframes for websites and interfaces based on the defined user experience requirements. As part of any project the Usability Specialist will be expected to:
- Create wireframes.
- Maximize effectiveness of site/interface including: content organization, navigation, interaction and visual design to increase customer satisfaction and drive measurable revenue.
- Ensure consistency of visual design elements with the Tucows Brand and Logo and the visual identity within individual pages and across the entire web site/interface and amongst sites and interfaces.
- Ensure the navigation and design facilitates Search Engine Optimization initiatives.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Related experience / Unique skill set Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role as a usability specialis.
- Proven experience in applying user-centered design and usability methods to user interface design.
- Experience producing detailed wireframes and writing functional specification documents.
- Experience with performing heuristic evaluations and task analyses.
- High level understanding of general computer science concepts such as operating systems and networking.
- Ability to think on-the-fly and innovatively use usability methods to handle situations that occur outside the normal course of design.
- Masters (preferably) or B.S. or B.A. in human-computer interaction,cognitive science, psychology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Able to work as a member of a cross functional team.
Tel: (416) 535-0123 xt 1619
Email: [email protected]