Originally posted September 7, 2005 at Ok-Cancel
The Principal User Interface Designer will be a founding member of the user experience team at SSA Global. Responsibilities will be broad and varied. The ideal applicant will have many years of experience designing application user interfaces and will be highly skilled in multiple of interaction design, visual design, usability engineering, and user interface development.
- Design, prototype and usability test the user experience for Web- based business applications
*Discover, document and disseminate effective design patterns
- Adopt and adapt best-practices in user-centered design
- Train and mentor others in design practices
- Analyze the user interface of competing products and stay current on user interface technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Expert in interaction design with 8+ years experience
- Highly skilled in at least one of visual design, usability engineering or user interface development
- Thorough understanding of User-Centered Design practices and principles
- A passion for bringing the user’s perspective into the design and development process
- Strong knowledge of user interface technologies and standards including DHTML, CSS, XML, XSL, JSP, Struts and JavaServer Faces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing enterprise business applications. Functional knowledge of ERP, Supply Chain Management, CRM, PLM and Human Resources a plus
- Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related discipline
About SSA Global
SSA GlobalÃ¢â€žÂ¢ is a leading provider of extended ERP solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail, services and public organizations worldwide. In addition to core ERP applications, SSA Global offers a full range of integrated extension solutions including corporate performance management, customer relationship management, product lifecycle management, supply chain management and supplier relationship management.
Headquartered in Chicago, SSA Global has 63 locations worldwide and its product offerings are used by approximately 13,000 active customers in over 90 countries. For additional information, visit the SSA Global web site at www.ssaglobal.com .