Under the direction of the Manager, User Interface Design, the Interaction Designer will be responsible for assisting in the design and prototype of usability enhancements to WorkbrainÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s products. This individual will be a key member of the usability team that will work closely with product management and development to deliver customer-centric features which make
WorkbrainÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s products the easiest to use in the industry.
The usability team will be responsible for the development of user interface designs & prototypes for new and enhanced features, conducting field research, usability testing and gathering feedback from clients, and setting usability standards across all Workbrain products. This team will also work closely with the pre-sales solutions consulting team, sales, and industry marketing to configure and deliver compelling, easy-to-use demos to the field that showcase new features and industry-specific capabilities.
- Work closely with product management, development and other stakeholders during the storyboard, design and implementation of new usability features, applying user-centered design practices.
- Work closely with clients to understand their tasks, activities, needs and behaviors and test usability concepts and features.
- Assist in defining usability and user interface design standards across the entire application, in order to ensure a consistent look and feel and design philosophy.
- Be an evangelist for product usability throughout the organization.
- Work closely with sales, marketing and product management to ensure the swift configuration and delivery of compelling, easy-to-use demo instances that showcase new features and capabilities.
- Conduct ongoing research of usability and user interface design best practices.
- 3 years experience in Human Factors, HCI or related area
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Able to demonstrate strong interaction design process and skills and demonstrate familiarity with usability best practices and usability engineering methodologies
- Excellent understanding and experience with user-centered design tools and methodology, including persona creation, information architecture, wireframe design, storyboarding and usability testing (ad hoc and formal)
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a
- Creative approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline
Please send your resumes to [email protected] with CHI-JOBS in the subject line.