Who We Are
The Investor Education Fund was founded in 2001 by the Ontario Securities Commission to educate people on the importance of investing and financial management. This broad mandate is achieved through our website, by marketing our material electronically through partners like Sympatico, by creating financial teaching materials and working to integrate them in the education system, and by partnering with organizations like the Canadian National Institute for the Blind to distribute our financial education curriculum and materials.
File #07-113â€“ Manager, Consumer Experience
- 6-9 month Contract
- Flexible work arrangement potential
- Salary commensurate with experience
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced internet professional to help manage and develop our website. The role requires somebody with the savvy and experience to guide content development and drive web traffic, the technical skills to maintain the site and manage partners and vendors, and the desire to take their strong technical skills to maximize the user experience on our website.
This person is expected to be an active and contributing member of our small team. They need to take control of the technical demands of the site while playing a significant role in moving our web strategy forward. It is critical that this person have the ability to present ideas confidently and clearly, and they should enjoy working in a collaborative team atmosphere.
This position reports directly to the President of the Investor Education Fund.
The ideal candidates would have 5+ years of dedicated web management on-line marketing experience. They ideally will worked in on-line media, or managed/supported a CRM program, or managed the website at an organization with a content heavy on-line presence. Possible industries include media, financial services, advertising, or packaged goods. However, we welcome applicants with any background that combine website management experience, a technical understanding of websites, a consumer-focused mindset and a passion for internet communication.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled internet professional experience to take the next step in their career.
Technical Skills Required
- Experience at managing technical and/or website projects
- Experience writing HTML, and an understanding of website architecture.
- The ability to manage a Search Engine Optimization campaign
- Literacy and familiarity with on-line technologies to manage on-line vendor
- Experience with MS Sharepoint is considered a strong asset
- An understanding of the technical requirements of a complex website
- Passion about improving the on-line consumer experience
- Experience with website management tools
- Management and ongoing improvement of consumer experience on the website
- Leadership of content development and management of the content
- Manage new content production and presentation including managing the development of interactive financial tools, and working with writers to develop and expand website content
- Ongoing website analysis and recommendations
- Management of consumer responses
- Maximize communication opportunities with users to generate feedback to aid site development
- All aspects of vendor management including ongoing updates and maintenance, cost management and project work
- Managing the implementation of partnership agreements with partners including partner content hosting, and linking websites
- Leadership in the development of our on-line strategy
This position is currently being made available to internal and external applicants. Internal applicants are permanent employees who have satisfactorily completed their probationary period and/or any temporary or contract staff who have been working with the OSC for a period of six months or more. If you thrive in a responsive, performance-based culture, please submit your resume, in confidence to “[email protected]”:mailto:[email protected]?subject=File%20#07-113â€“Manager,%20Consumer%20Experience by March 25, 2008. Please ensure to specify the title of the position and file number in your application.