Achilles Media is committed to promoting excellence in content creation, collaboration and innovation through the management of a series of international events and digital media sites on a year-round basis. Currently these events include; Banff World Television Festival, nextMEDIA, NATPE Mobile ++ , History Makers, Canadian Innovation Exchange.
As a web developer you will work with a team of full time and freelance web developers to design, build and maintain a wide variety of websites see – http://achillesmedia.com/.
You will also work with event programming teams and marketing department to ensure the content and information displayed on websites are up to date, error free and relevant
You will also assist in the designing, implementation and launching of new online tools
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong Understanding of best practices in interface design
- Strong understanding of Web 2.0 tools and practices
- Experienced in using Flash + Photoshop a bonus
- Familiar with meta-tagging and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented team environment.
- Experience working in digital start up is a plus.
- A passion towards and knowledge of the international new media industry and television industry.
- Blogging experience a plus.
- Full time contract
Mark Greenspan mgreenspan [at] achillesmedia.com