Purpose of the Position
Devlin is a seeking a detail-oriented, process-driven individual to fill the roll of Development Team Lead. In this role, you will lead a diverse development team in planning, designing and implementing maintenance releases and new development projects for a highly-visible customer account.
Working directly with the Creative Director and Account Leads you will provide technical leadership for your team members and professional consultation to the customer.
- Become intimately familiar with existing codebase
- Perform requirements analysis, technical design
- Document technical solutions and specifications for business and technical audiences
- Design, refine and enforce efficient development processes and high-quality code
- Provide direction and assistance in re-architecting, re-factoring existing code base for greater stability and maintainability
- Continually improve development environment and tools
- Focus on consistency and productivity!
- Facilitate communication amongst development, business and creative team members – * Attend customer status and review meetings; formally present solutions as needed
The ideal candidate is a superb communicator, intensely technical, diplomatic and congenial. Excellent customer-facing skills are a must!
You’re a seasoned Java developer with experience in System Architecture and application design. Previous experience working in a continual integration environment is highly desirable, as well as a mind towards applying those principals and techniques to existing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in writing proposals as well as technical specifications
- 3+ years experience in senior technical, customer-facing role
- 7+ years hands-on J2EE Web development, including experience with consumer websites
- 2+ years hands-on IBM WebSphere AS (Certification a significant plus)
- 2+ years DB2
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- Eclipse or WSAD
- Sun Solaris
Email your resume to: [email protected] indicating your career interest in the subject line. We thank all applicants; only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please.