IMS has an opening for a highly motivated, professional who can demonstrate a strong understanding of Portal/Server UI Development. This individual should posses the following skills:
- Ability to develop and maintain web user interface components and screens which supports a worldwide deployment/customer base.
- Ability to design clean, responsive and intuitive UI interfaces.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Able to keep pace with new technologies and to apply them appropriately.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field, with proven experience in application design, development, and maintenance.
- Experience using Java web application frameworks and technologies such as, Servlets, JSP, JavaBeans, XML/XSL, LDAP, SQL and JUnit.
- Experience using MVC (e.g. struts, spring MVC), templating (e.g. apache tiles) frameworks
- Experience coding web applications using modern design principals (including content and formatting separation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to interact with others in a team environment
The following would be an asset:
- Experience with Java-based technologies: JSF, HTTPUnit, Portlets, ANT, Web Services, Eclipse, EJBs, Hibernate, XDoclet.
- Knowledge of different browser, platform and design constraints.
- Knowledge of e-commerce applications.
- Understanding of 3-tier web architectures.
- Knowledge of Data Communications protocols.
- Performance and Load Testing (profiling tools).
Email: Send email submissions to [email protected]. Be sure to reference Job ID: SDUI-08202007 in the subject of the message. Failure to do so may result in your submission going unnoticed. .
Postal Mail: 161 Roger St, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. N2J 1B1
No phone calls, please. Only those considered for the position will be contacted by IMS. IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer