Originally from Intellimec.com/careers/
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with strong foundation of both designing and implementing intuitive graphical user interfaces for desktop applications. While working with a diverse team, the candidate will leverage best practices for interface usability to produce simple and highly usable prototypes and production ready software solutions. Independent, self-driven development is expected, in addition to the ability to interact well in a team environment to transfer knowledge and participate in peer reviews. Opportunities exist to develop creative solutions to exciting challenges in innovative consumer and automotive safety products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design user interfaces with a focus on usability
- Leverage standards and best practices for interface usability
- Develop rapid prototypes of desktop applications
- Support usability testing initiatives
- Participate in peer analysis and review of interface usability concepts, implementations, and related work
- Develop robust, release quality solutions, including effective use of revision control systems and a solid understanding of the software design lifecycle
- Develop plugins, extensions, and alternate interfaces to enhance and leverage existing software applications such as Microsoft Outlook
- Efficiently manage time and multitask in a dynamic environment to meet evolving development needs as they arise
- Requirements: B.Sc. in software engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Experience developing highly usable, modern desktop software with a focus on usability
- Experience adhering to strict software quality coding standards and best practices
Desirable assets in this position include:
- Training and experience in graphic design, human machine interfaces, usability or related fields
- Experience with MSVC++, C# / .Net, and/or Java
Email: Send email submissions to [email protected].
Be sure to reference Job ID: SDWCA-102407 in the subject of the message. Failure to do so may result in your submission going unnoticed.
No phone calls or faxes, please. Only those considered for the position will be contacted by IMS. IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.