About the Company
Analysts recommend them, investors buy them, and if you're Canadian â€“ you brag about them. With a history of developing breakthrough wireless email devices and connected enterprise solutions, Research in Motion is a world leader in mobile communications. As a global technology powerhouse, they continue to enjoy explosive growth.
Lead and shape a high performance team for an elite technology brand. You'll influence a spectrum of BlackBerry products and services, translating research findings into concrete product recommendations, and championing a user-centric design philosophy throughout the development process. This is an opportunity to impact a global brand from concept to commercialization.
This role leans toward the personnel side of leading a team of usability professionals, but there will be plenty of opportunity to involve yourself technically and in a hands-on capacity. In addition to directing your team, you'll lend technical and project oversight, and continuously improve planning, execution and best practices. Your team's portfolio includes the majority of RIM's products and services.
- Conduct user and task analysis
- Develop use cases and personas
- Create and evaluate design prototypes
- Conduct user research and usability testing
- Translate research findings into concrete product requirements and recommendations
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Assign projects and provide appropriate direction and support to team members
- Collaborate across functional areas to set priorities and streamline processes
- Package, present and 'sell' ideas and recommendations to other teams and to senior management
This is a rare legacy opportunity with an A-list technology company, a role that offers a blend of technical, personal and team leadership. Your contribution here will affect and improve devices that impact millions of users and consumers.
Who Should Apply
- Post-secondary education in human computer interaction, systems design engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years experience working in a professional environment on user experience research, design, and testing
- Proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate high performing teams
- Experience managing user experience activities throughout the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once in collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Strong research and quantitative skills, including statistics and data analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills to translate research into practical recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present ideas effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Experience planning and facilitating usability testing, focus groups, and customer interviews
- Solid understanding of user interface design principles and practices
- Must be passionate about user-centered design
- Prior exposure to quality management methodologies (such as Six Sigma) is an asset
To make an inquiry or to submit a resume, please contact: Penny Curtis at the Laudi Group