Corus Entertainment Inc.
Position: INTERACTIVE DESIGNER
Division: Corus TV Interactive
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: Perm. F/T
Corus TV Interactive is looking for a Web Designer with a passion for creating visually rich and highly usable websites. The successful candidate will be working in an Intermediate capacity with the Creative and Production teams on a variety of projects, ranging from rich-media banners to promotional micro-sites and major site revamps.
- The Web Designer is responsible for the conceptual development and execution of innovative HTML and Flash-based projects for Corus Entertainment’s award-winning web sites, including YTV.com, TreehouseTV.com, Wnetwork.com and Cosmotv.ca.
- Working with other members of the Interactive team, the Web Designer helps deliver high quality; bug-free work that delivers on all project criteria.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a must. Ability to author HTML and CSS is required, as you’ll sometimes be called upon to build what you design.
- Strong design portfolio with at least 3 yrs of experience in the interactive design industry.
- Educational diploma in Design, Multimedia or a related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web.
- Knowledge of information architecture and usability best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles is essential.
- Be able to articulate creative ideas both orally and written.
- Solid illustration/design skills.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and a sample of your best work (3 URL’s minimum) by January 29, 2008 to:
Creative Director, Corus TV Interactive
- Please indicate Web Designer Application in your subject line or your email will not be received.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
For more information on Corus Entertainment Inc., please visit us at www.corusent.com