Fulcrum Publications Inc. is a growing and dynamic media company based in Greater Toronto Area. We are searching for an energetic, creative and articulate person to join our team as a WEB DEVELOPER (Back-End). The Web Developer will have a focus on backend development, specifically with PHP and SQL. If you enjoy a fast pace and thrive on challenge, then we’d like to meet you. The Web Developer reports to the Media Developer and Managing Art Director. Specifics on the requirements of the role are below.
- Works closely with the Media Developer to design, implement and maintain websites.
- Responsible for back-end web development and programming – write well structured, valid and compliant code.
- Database creation and merging of databases to websites.
- Web design and maintenance.
- Works closely with internal and external contacts i.e. marketing, production, IT, etc.
- Various related projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Creativity and ability to think “outside the box”.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Advanced coding skills.
- Skilled with PHP, HTML, Flash, Java script and Microsoft Office and solid knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with XML, .NET, ASP and Adobe CS is an asset.
- Knowledge and/or experience with graphic and promotional design is a definite plus i.e. promotional flyers/brochures/advertisements, websites/new media, etc.
- College diploma in related field i.e. web development, digital media arts, information technology.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Post-secondary education in web development, digital media arts, information technology or related program.
All inquiries to be directed to Stacey-Lee Weiss at 416-504-0504 or [email protected]. Please send resumes in Word format only. Please include your salary expectations.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.