Responsibilites and Tasks
We recently doubled the staff at our Montreal office with the addition of a sales and account management team, and welcomed an additional programmer to our development group in Eastern Europe. This brings us to a total of 11 people in the combined family of The Code Kitchen and CakeMail.
Now we're seeking a Deliverability Manager to build on our in-house expertise as we expand.
What you'll do
- Build on the ISP relationships established since 2002 during our founder's previous venture.
- Maintain feedback loop programs and white listing.
- Resolve email filtering and blocking issues.
- Monitor black lists and sender reputation.
- Augment delivery-related data analytics.
- Work with account managers to prevent, communicate and resolve deliverability issues.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, trends and legal changes and share this knowledge with team members and resellers.
- Participate actively in the email marketing and anti-spam communities.
- Contribute to industry discussions online, such as ReputationWiki.org and the Email Marketer's Club.
- Collaborate with in-house and third-party developers to hook various deliverability services into the CakeMail API.
- Aid resellers in adopting best practices for content, creative, timing, data and trust-building.
- Propose inventive ways to improve deliverability.
- Have fun doing what you do!
- Experience in ISP relations (2 – 5 years preferred).
- Familiarity with delivery policies and procedures at major ISPs.
- Technical knowledge of email delivery, filtering and authentication.
- Familiarity with privacy and anti-spam policies and laws.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
Icing on the cake
- Excellent written English, and a strong interest in blogging.
- Knowledge of other languages.
- Experience with Linux and DNS administration.
- Enthusiasm for open source and the collaborative Web.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous options package.
- Possibility of working remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Cupcakes and cool T-shirts!
Get to know us
You can learn all about CakeMail on our website, peruse our blog and check out our Flickr space.
Why join CakeMail?
- Belong to a friendly, tight-knit team of talented, entrepreneurial people.
- Be part of a stimulating startup.
- Work with a truly innovative email marketing platform.
- Blaze new trails by forging relationships beyond the major ISPs worldwide.
- Telecommute from anywhere or come enjoy the great quality of life and culture that Montreal has to offer.
We're offering a year's worth of email delivery (150,000 sends/month) and CakeMail schwag for a successful referral!
How to apply
Please send your CV and any other pertinent information or links to [email protected] and let us know your salary expectations and (re)location preferences.