TELUS is a great place to work. The diversity of the TELUS team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative internet, voice, data and wireless products and solutions we offer. Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you'll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding. Join our team and make your future friendly too.
About Business Transformation
As a member of the Business Transformation team, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies while interacting with talented team members to deliver on our vision. Our mandate is to partner with our business units in order to gain a competitive advantage and maximize value creation by delivering innovative solutions and operational excellence. Specifically, we engage in large-scale, cross enterprise programs that will fundamentally change the way TELUS does business.
The TELUS iCare team requires a Senior Business Systems Analyst. This position would consist of working with a team of business primes, architects and other developer’s involved in designing and delivering powerful, scalable and reusable J2EE software solutions. Ultimately, your primary role will be as a lead User Interface Designer for mission critical customer facing front-end applications.
Key Responsibilities (primarily focused towards GUI design)
- Serve as key interface with business users for requirements and analysis
- Lead usability workshops with cross functional teams
- Produce UI design deliverables including site maps, wireframes, storyboards, user/task matrix and prototypes
- Drive requirements as it relates to usability, ensuring full detailed requirements are captured
- Assist with creation and maintenance of use cases and related documents
- Participate in transitioning the requirements, wireframes and use cases to the developers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Participate in creation functional and assist with technical design specifications in conjunction with development activities
- Assist in creating detailed test plans and assist in development of user documentation for functional and technical completeness and accuracy
- Respond to and assist in performing impact analysis on incoming service/support requests for UI changes/enhancements
- Assist with estimating work requests
- Participate in the development of implementation strategies and plans
- Assist the Team Manager with managing, mentoring and guiding the delivery team
- Assist the Team Manager in building and maintaining strong customer relationships
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in human-computer interaction, interaction design, web design, graphic design or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years experience in user interface design, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- Strong graphical design skills and web graphics production capability
- Extensive knowledge of web design fundamentals, including user-centered design process, information design, visual design, and industry UI standards
- Demonstrated grasp of UI development and design tools
- Demonstrated experience with W3C & Section 508 (i.e. accessibility) standards a strong asset
- Experience with usability testing
- Demonstrated experience in the development of UI design deliverables including site maps, wireframes, storyboards, user/task matrix and prototypes
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) including effective presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams and multiple time zones
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts used to find solutions to issues related to team activities
- Commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
NOTE: Candidates must provide a portfolio demonstrating experience in designing usable web interfaces. This must be an online or electronic portfolio. The portfolio should include artifacts from the design process, including examples of application architecture diagrams, wireframes and UI specifications.
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Unposting Date: 02/12/2008, 02:59 AM, Montreal, New York, Washington D.C. – (UTC -5:00)