The Harmony Remote has two main areas of user interaction. First is a streamlined web-based setup experience that guides the user through the otherwise trying process of programming an advanced universal remote to control a complex home theatre. Second is the use of the remote with the customer's entertainment system, involving automatic button mapping on the remote, LCD screens, etc.
The User Experience Architect will be responsible for all aspects of interaction design, and usability of the Harmony remote controls. The User Experience Architect will work closely with engineering, product management and the user experience manager to bring new versions of the products to fruition. This is an excellent opportunity to build world-class products.
You will be responsible for creating and iterating UI designs and producing detailed UI specifications. During this process you will:
- Interview and observe end users setting up and using the Harmony remote controls
- Develop UI concepts and detailed designs
- Usability test software and remote controls during various stages of development
- Work with Product Management to define feature/product requirements
- Work with the Software Engineering team to test, refine and implement designs
- Work with Engineering to understand architecture and development issues
- Work with visual designers to create screen mock-ups, functional prototypes, and final UI designs
- Work with Customer Support to understand issues customers have with the current UI
- Communicate with and across multidisciplinary teams throughout all phases of projects
The successful candidate will have skills and relevant experience in these areas:
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles,
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual design skills
- Proven ability to conduct ethnographic studies and other forms of user insight gathering to accurately profile users, their environment, tasks and goals
- Proven interaction design skills and experience creating low through high fidelity prototypes
- Proven ability to conduct meaningful usability studies and analyze the results
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and leadership skills
- Experience with international products that require translation as well as other appropriate changes to meet the varied customer usability needs in different parts of the world.
- Experience with consumer electronics user interface and consumer software product design a definite asset.
- Experience with hand held hardware usability and ergonomics a definite asset
Compensation for this role is commensurate with experience. The candidate will most likely have 3+ years experience in User Interaction Design. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in, Human Factors, HCI, industrial design or equivalent in related areas is desirable.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, industrial design or related areas
Send your resume to [email protected].