Title: User Interface/Multimedia Designer (New Grad)
Req Number: ati-00005459
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Employment Type: Regular
Department: Multimedia Engineering
ATI Is Now Part of the New AMD
AMD and ATI have joined forces, combining AMD’s technology leadership in microprocessors with ATI’s strengths in graphics, chipsets, and consumer electronics. The new AMD is a processing powerhouse that will reinvent our industry through a smarter strategy that empowers growth, innovation, and choice.
ATI BUs are now called: AMD Graphics and Media Processors (formerly ATI)
AMD is looking for an energetic entry-level designer to work with our engineering and marketing teams to design and enhance our user interface. The successful candidate will work closely with Product Managers and Windows / Linux development teams related to our graphics processor business unit.
The candidate will be responsible for UI layouts, supporting graphics, demos (including user-centered desktop user interface mock-ups) and elements of product consistency using a full range of graphics tools. Work may include 3D modeling and Flash. This is an opportunity for the right individual to design, collaborate, learn, and develop an expertise in desktop UI design.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Graphic Design, Visual Arts and Design, Interactive/Multimedia design or Visual Communication.
- Experience using PC (Windows based) Graphics Hardware (ATI or nVidia) especially their respective GUIs
- Demonstrated expertise in 2D vector and raster-based image creation and editing tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator.
- Digital Portfolio demonstrating accomplishments / projects
- Experience designing high-quality icons
- Experience interpreting technical written requirements into visual results
- Comfortable working with technical professionals such as engineering and marketing
- Comfortable working within a project management / process oriented development environment
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide and respond well to constructive feedback
- Exposure to HCI concepts, user interface design, 2D and 3D interaction concepts.
- Experience in developing needs analysis, use cases, project documents and oral presentations.
- Familiarity with development environments such as Visual Studio for prototyping.
- Exposure to Linux.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a portfolio in interview. Target start date will be January 2008.
We thank all applicants for applying but only those selected will be contacted.