Dundas Data Visualization has been producing industry leading Data Visualization components for over 12 years. Building an international reputation for producing best-in-class products isn’t easy; it requires having the best team around.
If you are a skilled and motivated individual, and are interested in working with some of the best .NET software architects and developers around, then we would like to hear from you. Do you enjoy working with others, understanding their needs, then creating solutions to fill these needs? Are you the type of person who cares about the quality of your work, enjoys working with others, does not take short-cuts, and enjoys being challenged? If so, then you are the type of person we are looking for.
Position and Duties
This position requires a software developer with a diverse skill set. Skills such as design, development, testing and debugging will be required on a daily basis, along with strong communication skills.
The work has two major components. One is working directly with Dundas clients, and the other is to develop add-ons and solutions for Dundas’ product line.
When working with clients (who consist entirely of software developers) you would be helping them integrate our development products into their own software. This would include writing custom add-ons, classes and samples, testing and even debugging their code, or just helping them start in the right direction.
When not working with clients, you would be coming up with ideas, designing and implementing add-ons and solutions for Dundas’ data visualization product lines. This type of work is a great opportunity to show off your ideas and design skills as well as your development skills. This work also consists of documenting the work that you have done.
This is a full-time position. Work would be done on site (at our Toronto, Ontario, Canada offices); therefore any potential candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Dundas offers a compensation plan that is well above the industry standard. This has allowed us to find and retain technical staff that is second to none. Compensation is made up of several parts with two main components, base and bonus. We provide highly competitive base salaries, plus we have an aggressive profit sharing program. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental, drug, health club, disability, and more.
Base salary is based on productivity, quality, experience, and initiative.
- Must have a degree (or college certificate) with a major in computer science or must have 2 years practical experience
- Some software design experience, including UI and usability
- Good communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to clearly convey concepts and ideas both verbal and written
- Knowledge of .NET including both WindowsForms and ASP.NET
- Knowledge of C# and some VB.NET, HTML and XML
- Must enjoy working with other developers
- Must be willing to learn new skills on a regular basis, both on and off the job
- Must be able to work well within a team, yet be able to work autonomously
- Must be able to work in a company with an open and casual work environment
- Must have good attention to detail
How to Apply
In order for us to quickly understand your skills we use a simple, yet practical, programming test. The test, consisting of a Windows Forms utility application, allows us to clearly understand your current design and implementation skills as well as how you approach writing software. Please complete this test and send it along with your resume to: [email protected].
Please send all inquires to [email protected]