Want to help shape the future of video gaming? Want to be a core part of the team leading EA’s gaming strategy? Join the video game leader and work with the premiere developers of games like The Sims, Battlefield, FIFA Soccer, and Need for Speed.
We offer a dynamic environment, talented co-workers, AAA titles, career growth and competitive compensation. For additional details, visit www.ea.com.
The User Interface Software Engineer is a part of the user interface creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the domain of user interface/game engine interaction.
The User Interface Designer (Usability Engineer) is responsible for the usability of the UI for EA’s internally developed animation tool ANT. In this role, you must be able to understand animation artist workflows and design and implement user interfaces that are intuitive and optimize workflow.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating user-friendly user interfaces, with the ability to understand problems, implement solutions, and iterate on them with a world-wide community of users in EA’s game studios. You should have experience implementing user interfaces using C#. You must be able to work with minimal supervision, work collaboratively, take initiative, and innovate.
- Analyze and understand end-user workflows and identify key bottlenecks.
- Ensure user requirements are sufficiently understood to develop UI and workflow designs.
- Design and implement UI solutions, test them with users, and iterate until an optimal solution is found.
- Be a leader within the animation tool team on UI-related issues and end-user workflow.
- Review and provide feedback on UI designs and implementation developed by other software developers with a view to usability and user requirements.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- An understanding of what good interface and workflow design looks like and how it is achieved.
- Demonstrated experience in User Centered Design and practices or equivalent such as product design.
- Ability to communicate effectively visually, in writing, verbally and as a presenter to technical and artist audiences.
- Experience with C# and related UI libraries.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
Preferred Technical Skills and Experience
- A degree or diploma in a discipline such as Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or User Experience Design is an asset.
- Be an evangelist for product usability within our customer base and eventually within the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable, consumer-oriented user interfaces.
- Prior experience shipping a console (i.e. PS2, PS3, GameCube or Xbox, Xbox 360) or handheld (i.e. Nintendo Gameboy/DS or Sony PSP) product.
- Knowledge of image composition and/or layering tools
- Character animation (Maya, 3DS Max, Xsi)
- Create a world-wide community of end-users for obtaining feedback and priorities.
Performance Competencies (Non Technical Skills)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Interested in applying? Please contact Ryan MacDougall via email at email@example.com to submit your resume.
Please put in the subject line: “DavidCrow.ca – EA – Usability Engineer” to apply for the position.
If this opportunity interests you and your skills and experience align, then “Get in the Game” with us today!