Digital Cement is a relationship management firm with operations headquartered in Toronto and with staff in various US locations. We aid our clients in creating value through relationship management. Digital Cement’s programs aim to establish a mutual exchange of value between consumer needs and client objectives.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to fill an immediate opening for a Senior Marketing Project Manager. As a growing firm, we require team players who can add to our high-calibre cast. Enthusiasm and professionalism are essential qualities in all Digital Cement employees.
The ideal individual is a broadly skilled marketing professional, preferably with a multi-channel marketing background, who is passionate about bringing marketing programs to life from inception through to execution, measurement and successful closure. The individual will have deep experience in managing email and/or direct marketing programs and experience with managing media elements, contests and promotional campaigns would be of particular value.
The Senior Marketing Project Manager will play a key role in designing and executing turn-key marketing programs that incorporate a broad range of servicesâ€”strategic planning; experience design; direct, email and interactive marketing campaign management; database management, analytics and measurement; and content and creative services. Senior Marketing Project Managers have accountability around team development and leadership, strong client management and conflict resolution skills and a commitment to organizational excellence.
- Project management of multi-channel marketing programs, as well as managing the work of project coordinators and their teams. Key player in definition, cost estimation and management of project scope. Strong support role in sales process including facilitating scope definition between internal teams and client, managing the cost/effort estimation process, and management and documentation of project scope with approval from the program manager.
- Manage project plans and deliverables including client, internal (creative, copy and technology), and third party/freelancer resources.
- Manage project budgets, variances, and internal reporting and issue resolution, contributing to plans for addressing variances and internal reporting needs.
- Work with the Program Manager to ensure the projects and any shared resources are aligned and synchronized with the needs of other projects and programs.
- Complete creative and copy briefs, including management of process for creative and copy briefs in the case of complex accounts.
- Gather, and consolidate business rules and requirements for data, systems, and analytics teams, including management of the process for defining business rules and requirements for data, systems, and analytics teams with support from the Program Manager.
- Manage definition and delivery of project tracking and client reporting as appropriate for all levels of internal and client stakeholders.
- Review and sign-off against all project deliverables prior to providing to client.
- Manage client communications and relationships with respect to the project, including creation and delivery of client presentations around project solution design, status and deliverables with support from the Program Manager.
- Ensure effective change management throughout project/program delivery; tracking progress of projects (tasks, milestones, deliverables) and estimating/re-estimating work as necessary.
- Manage escalations with internal teams and directly with the client with support from the Program Manager.
- Manage, directly or through matrix management responsibilities, all project team members, including assigning job responsibilities, evaluating performance and contributing to professional development plans.
- Completing performance reviews for any direct reports and contributing to the peer review process
- Strong ability to manage client (s), and own the day to day client relationship as it relates to the project deliverables
- Responsible for setting expectations with internal sales team, client(s), managers, and direct reports to ensure alignment across the account
- Manage multiple projects at one time, on simultaneous timelines with multiple direct reports and multiple client contacts
- Lead support role in project planning, and related client deliverables
- Ability to identify project opportunities, changes and recommend various solutions to the internal team, and back to the client
- Strong ability to influence key stakeholders and related decisions
- Strong professionalism and emotional control: the ability to manage a variety of personality types in diverse, sometimes stressful situations.
- University degree or college diploma in marketing or similar business field.
- Formal project management training would be a definite asset.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: email /web-online marketing, coupled with events marketing, online promotions and contests, media, database marketing.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: direct marketing, email marketing, events marketing, online promotions and contests, media, database marketing.
- Proven team management skills.
- Commitment to client service and relationship building.
- Experience in an agency environment an asset.
- Innovative, with a keen interest to learn and challenge status quo.
- Strong decision making skills with an ability to troubleshoot problems and manage (client and internal resource) issues to resolution.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with demonstrated excellence in facilitation and presentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Enjoys being challenged in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interest and demonstrated curiosity in the use of technology to enable marketing programs.
- Flexible – demand can be cyclical in nature and the successful candidate must be ready to put in an extra effort at peak times.
Please visit www.digitalcement.com to complete an online applicant profile.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.