Senior Database Developer
Digital Cement is a relationship management firm with operations headquartered in Toronto and with staff in various US locations. We aid our clients in creating value through relationship management. Digital Cement’s programs aim to establish a mutual exchange of value between consumer needs and client objectives.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to fill an immediate opening for a Sr. Database Developer. As a growing firm, we require team players who can add to our high-calibre cast. Enthusiasm and professionalism are essential qualities in all Digital Cement employees.
As a Sr. Database Developer at Digital Cement, you will play a hands-on role in developing database solutions along with the Data Services and Web Development teams.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the development of dynamic and highly functional websites. He/she is looking for an opportunity with a highly innovative, smaller organization, with a focus on applying technology for the purpose of delivering outstanding business value and excellence in client service. The individual will have a university degree (or comparative College diploma) in computer science or related field and possess 3-4 years of experience working with MS SQL databases.
In addition to strong technical skills, he/she is capable of working within a team environment while juggling several tasks and has a superb eye for details, with strong commitments to the quality and accuracy of his/her work.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of database functionality.
- Ensure database systems meet business and systems performance requirements.
- Provide database development support to Data Services and Web Development teams
- Development of database persistence layer.
- Unit testing of developed solutions.
- Produce ad-hoc queries for reporting support.
- Maintain technical documentation for developed solutions.
- Interact with a variety of teams to form an understanding of business and data rules.
- Actively support client projects providing subject matter expertise on client databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field (or comparative College diploma).
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working with MS SQL databases in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS principles, design and normalization.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
- Experience writing complex T-SQL statements, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF), views, and triggers.
- Good understanding of index design and T-SQL performance tuning.
- Understanding of full development life-cycle methodology and version control.
- Flexibility – demand can be cyclical in nature and the successful candidate must be ready to put in an extra effort at peak times.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Energy and ability to work well with others in a client-focused, innovative environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong preference for working in a client services environment.
Please visit www.digitalcement.com to complete an online applicant profile.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and e