FreeBalance is a global provider of software solutions for public financial management, an essential part of the international development process. FreeBalance solutions support government modernization, fiscal decentralization, and public finance reform. Our software manages over $US 100 Billion in annual government budgets worldwide, affecting more than 700,000 civil servants and supports more than 30,000 government users.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative, and socially responsible software professional. Propel your career to the leading edge of software development. Help bring prosperity to governments around the world. Get valuable international experience.
We are seeking a talented Software Architect to join our Product Development team. In this role, you will be the key player in designing and architecting new enterprise-class software products to support government modernization and reform. You have come up through the ranks in development and are now a seasoned designer and architect or are ready to assume these responsibilities. You learn fast.
Join FreeBalance in helping more nations achieve economic prosperity by enhancing accountability and good governance. This is your opportunity to achieve your maximum potential, and make a world of difference – and a difference in the world.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years in development experience in progressive roles
- Proven expertise in architecting multi-tiered Java Enterprise Edition solutions
- Deep knowledge of web-based and emerging technologies.
- Experience with ERP or similar product architectures
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Web Services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with off-shore development teams.
- Knowledge of AJAX, Perl. Python or Ruby
- Experience working with open source projects.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Understanding of usability in design.
Some global travel will be required as part of this position. This position can be based out of Ottawa or Montreal, Canada or Washington DC.
Send your resume and coverletter.