Blast Radius is a strategic interactive agency that helps major consumer brands like BMW, Electronic Arts, Nike and Virgin re-invent marketing for the connected world and deliver truly great customer experiences.
Working out of our Toronto office, our Experience Design team is looking to add an inspired and process oriented Interaction Architect who is passionate about the aesthetic beauty of a website. At Blast Radius, the Interaction Architects map the entire structure of a site and organize the positioning of pages within sections, developing a functional and intuitive plan to get users from Point A to Point B using the path of least resistance. This role requires strong analytical skills to manifest thoughtful and intuitive design and find the balance between beauty and functionality.
- Create interactive journeys that account for different users, various abilities and multiple circumstances
- Work alongside creative, technical, business and analytical people, within Blast Radius as well as our Clients
- Articulate creative interactive solutions, at times with minimal or no preparation
- Maintain and develop high standards of Interaction Architect documentation
- Be able to communicate confidently, frequently and at appropriate levels
- Participate in global or local Interaction Architect community groups
- Support Interaction Architect design throughout lifecycle of projects
- Get involved in prospective client pitch efforts
Skills and Experience
- At least four years experience in Internet and/or software UI design and/or architecture combined with project management experience
- A related degree such as Communication Planning and Design, Architecture and/or Library Science
- An understanding of software such as Visio and/or Photoshop for creating site maps and flow charts
- Detailed knowledge of Usability best practices
- A strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- The ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively to a broad range of people: designers, executives, business development and technical staff
- The ability to conceptualize the abstract and manufacture the concrete to explain it
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required.
Interested in applying? Please email your online portfolio/client list to [email protected] and give us a little personal profile of yourself (favorite URLs, music, books, films, fonts etc.)