Kaboose is the largest independent family focused online media company in North America and one of the top-five most visited family destinations online.
We’re looking for people who love constant change and also love the Web. If you are passionate about creating beautiful code you’ll likely fit in well with our group. We like developers who have a strong team focus – those who crave design debates, rather than shy away from them. We are an agile shop, focused on highly iterative development with an emphasis on delivering code. Our developers love to get their work in the hands of customers everyday. In return for your hard work, you’ll feel appreciation and respect – as well as be treated to the best development machines and tools available. We’re looking for the best developers – show us you know the Web and we’ll bring you on board, regardless of whether or not you have 1 year of experience or 10.
Your Qualifications/Experiences should include some (or most) of below:
- You understand what we mean when we say “css based layout, not table based”.
- You know what the browser DOM is, and even know how the Mozilla DOM differs from the one for IE.
- You've got basic knowledge of server-side scripting languages.
- You truly believe that software development is meant to be iterative and adaptive.
- You know you aren’t a graphic designer, but you can do the basics in Photoshop like splicing and optimizing.
- You hate IE6 for its poor implementation of standards, but know how to coerce it into displaying things properly.
- You are able to take Photoshop mock-ups and convert them into beautiful page layouts.
- You understand why it is important to use text instead of images for copy.
- You have basic understanding of search engine optimization techniques and how to apply them to every page.
- You know how HTML and XHTML differ and how to validate both.
Take this with a grain of salt, we need solid fundamentals more than X years of Y:
- XHTML/XML/HTML, CSS, XSL and Web Standards
- Work with a market leading Canadian online media company
- Work in a fun, informal, creative, fast-paced and dynamic environment – don’t be a cubicle drone
- Work downtown steps from the subway at Dundas and University
- Competitive salary and benefits
Are you up for the challenge? Submit your resumÃ© to [email protected].
Interested in moving to the top of the pile? Submit URLs of sample work Introduce yourself, we don’t like template cover letters Pick something you’re proud of and send us some sample code