Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless HandheldÂ¿ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and refining the user interface for the award-wining BlackBerry. The incumbent will have the ability to combine a creative mind with solid engineering skills to design and prototype new concepts and ideas for the next generation of BlackBerry handsets. The candidate will have an aptitude for knowing what works and what doesnÂ¿t when it comes to usability. With the understanding of how to design for mass production, the successful candidate will help bring the BlackBerry user interface to the next level of excitement. The successful candidate should be able to work in a small team environment and be able to lead the way to getting the job done.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering, or related degree
- 4-10 years of experience in a mechanical engineering design role in telecom, instrumentation, consumer products or related industries
- Experience with taking a design from concept all the way through to manufacturing
- Ability to take initiative, responsibility and leadership in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have an inquisitive and creative mind
- Design experience with LCDs, keypads, etc. an asset
- Design experience with mobile handheld devices required
- Experience designing with Pro/E an asset
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2007 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. Research In Motion, the RIM logo, BlackBerry, and the BlackBerry logo, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. These marks, images and symbols are owned by Research In Motion Limited. All other brands, product names, company names, and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.