At MDS Analytical Technologies (formerly MDS Sciex), we've got more than 1000 people building some of the best laboratory equipment in the world. See www.mdssciex.com.
Our product development teams in Concord, Ontario (North end of the GTA), and Sunnyvale, California build tools used by biotechnology, environmental, forensic and pharmaceutical researchers around the globe to help maintain and restore people's health.
Our User Experience team is recognized as key contributors to our process, and the demands on our time are growing; we need more help!
We are looking for a junior/intermediate (2 – 10 years experience) individual to complement our team of User Experience Architects. At this time, we are looking for someone interested in a medium term (1 yr +/-) contract employment.
If you join us, you will:
- Work on leading edge technologies (how many places can you design a â€œFire Laserâ€ button that actually fires a laser?)
- Be working with customers one day, and engineers the next
- Work independently and within close teams
- Contribute to all phases of UCD, from requirements gathering to design to usability testing
- Work within an Extreme Programming environment as a member of the Customer team
- Have a chance to influence both software and hardware
If you join us, you'll have:
- An absolute passion for exceeding the user's expectations for usability
- Superb communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong initiative and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- A detail orientation, balanced with the ability to see the big picture
- Great interpersonal skills (remember, customer one day and engineer the next)
- Formal education related to the User Experience field (HCI, cognitive psychology, information design, etc.)
- Specific experience in UI design for applications (for senior applicants)
The current position is in our Concord office. Occasional travel (<10%) to meet with customers will be necessary.
Interested? Please send a rÃ©sumÃ© to: [email protected]