|WHO:||LAUNCH! (a division of CIM)|
|Location:||Etobicoke (191 The West Mall, Suite 500)|
LAUNCH! is the brand marketing division of CIM, Ltd. (Consumer Impact Marketing), a privately held sales & merchandising and communications organization. LAUNCH! has been honoured as one of the â€œTop 50 Hottest Agenciesâ€ in 2004 and â€œTop 100 Fastest Growing Agenciesâ€ in 2005 and 2006.
CIM has extensive experience in experiential marketing (events & promotions), sales & merchandising and information management and has full-service offices in Toronto and Montreal, as well as satellite offices across Canada and in New York City. CIM has become the fastest-growing â€“ and largest â€“ sales & merchandising & communications company in the country and has been honored as one of Canada's â€œ50 Best Managed Companiesâ€ for the past seven years.
The 'astronauts' piloting LAUNCH! think of themselves as a new breed of brand marketers. They recognize the changing nature of building and promoting brands as one of the greatest opportunities of our time for marketing professionals who are truly passionate about their industry. They understand that truly powerful brands do not 'interact' with their market's culture; they become a part of it.
The Conceptual Ideation people at LAUNCH! believe in results â€“ brand-building, sales-driving, measurable ROI—and their Clients really, really seem to like that.
LAUNCH! specializes in linking brands and consumers, but also in leveraging brand-retailer relationships in new and innovative ways in an effort to bridge the traditional sales-marketing divide. Over the past 10 years, putting consumer interaction to work has become an integral part of the marketing mix and CIM / LAUNCH! has long been a market leader in this area. To continue to stay out in front of the pack, LAUNCH! is dedicated to concocting ever more inventive new efforts to help make their Clients' brands relevant, valued and welcome in the lives of consumers. LAUNCH! designs both campaigns and the hands-on execution of the program elements in-market to ensure they are delivering the measurable business results today's Clients demand.
LAUNCH! has the leadership, track record, people, experience and technology, but most importantly, a passion for creating breakthrough communication programs to help achieve their Clients' marketing goals effectively and consistently.
The LAUNCH! Portfolio includes work for:
20th Century Fox, Colgate Palmolive, Dairy Farmers of Canada, Dentyne (Cadbury) Diageo, Effem / Mars, G4 Tech TV, Esso, Frito Lay, Kraft, KFC / Taco Bell Microsoft, Moosehead, Much Music, Natrel (Agropur) OHHA (Ontario Harness Horse Association), OLG, Paramount, Pepsi-Cola Canada, QTG, Revlon, Reckitt Benckiser, RIM (Blackberry) Scott's Canada, Sobeys, Telus, Warnaco, Xbox (Microsoft).
As a highly creative, energetic leader with experience in multiple forms of media and branding the Creative Director will work directly with the senior members of the organization to build a formidable team and creative reputation. The ideal candidate will be someone who loves their craft and can welcome great ideas from anyone, in addition to having a track record of leadership excellence.
The ideal candidate must have a solid reputation and be a creative star. A good pitch rate and a fierce entrepreneurial streak, along with the ability to embrace change, will also be invaluable qualities, but most importantly the winning candidate will be someone who 'gets' where the industry is going and has a grasp of what 'Marketing 3.0' (not '2.0'!), is going to be all about. Aristotle said: â€œThose who know, do. Those who understand, teach.â€ The new LAUNCH! Creative Director will be responsible for coaching the team and leading the creative vision for the company's Clients.
The Creative Director will lead a team of five in-house creative staff and outsource freelancers as necessary.
- Act as the Client advocate for delivering best-in-class creative, on-strategy, on-time, on-budget.
- Responsible for attending meetings with Clients.
- Oversee all design and copy from strategy to execution.
- Allocate creative projects to appropriate resources; manage all in-house and freelance talent working on creative assignments.
- Liaise closely with internal departments.
- Approve all creative work before it is presented to the client.
- Assess project briefs and create appropriate creative solutions within the allocated time.
- Contribute to creative solutions through group brainstorming sessions and, as necessary, 'roll up their sleeves' and be a 'doer'.
- Mentor and support the team's professional development.
- Manage and influence budget decisions.
Ideally the Candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing creative direction with a leading communications firm.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing direct reports.
- University/college degree in design/creative/marketing related field.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced team environment.
- Superb problem-solving skills in coming up with fresh and practical solutions.
- Sense of urgency, commitment to quality and the ability to consistently think at a strategic level.
- Highly developed and competent planning and organizational skills (time management, budgeting, etc.).
- Flexibility and a talent for coming up with unexpected creative solutions.
- Ability to articulate a 'vision' of how any given solution flows out from the initial challenge.
- Ability to communicate problems/issues clearly with production, graphic, marketing and technical personnel.
- Ability to inspire and evangelize both internal staff and outside Clients.
- Ability to delegate effectively â€“ leverage the strength of the team.
- Strong values/ethics/integrity.
If you are someone who has an incurable, uncontrollable urge to embrace change, challenge the status quo and the talent to move others, what are you waiting for? Apply to [email protected].